Packaging Development Specialist
The preferred candidate:
- Deals with the packaging of the company’s complete product portfolio.
- Is responsible for the development of packaging of new products and the maintenance and/or improvement of the packaging of existing products with respect to cost, machinability, design and sustainability.
- Investigates new packaging solutions, materials and processes to provide eco-efficient, sustainable, innovative and cost-effective packaging solutions.
- Actively interfaces with Marketing, R&D, Quality Control, Supply Chain and Production departments for the conceptualization and the successful execution of final packaging.
- Supports the development, preparation and maintenance of packaging designs including technical specifications and construction drawings. Initiates samples and preliminary costing.
- Ensures necessary engineering, technical and legal approval of selected component, including material compatibility, in collaboration with the R&D and the Production department.
- Provides trouble shooting support in case of package non-compliance, in collaboration with the respective supplier.
- Seeks new suppliers from the international market of packaging materials
- Studies the competition and explores market trends.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering, Packaging Technology, or Material Science.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Solid business understanding and/or experience from the packaging industry (especially materials knowledge and process/production understanding) are definite advantages.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, team player with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Continuous learning.
- Interesting and challenging work.
- Very good work environment.
- Excellent development prospects.
- Additional medical insurance
- Transfer to and from the company by corporate bus
Absolute confidentiality will be observed